CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 4, 2008

Walking...finally!

William took his first steps, all of a sudden!, last week. Since then we've been working on it every once in awhile. He gets pretty cautious and is quick to drop down and crawl to things, but I think that his confidence is building! We can't wait to have him running around in no time at all...more baby-proofing things to buy and E will have to watch out EVEN MORE for her toys! Here is a series of pictures that Will took while William was en-route to his bottle that I was holding:

1-Eyeing the prize...sizing up the situation.

2-Temporary distraction. If I could do a thought bubble for him it would say "do I want the bottle or shall I make a break for the dog bowl?...decisions, decisions!"

3-At last reaching for the bottle! All in all, I think he took about 5 steps (counting the 2 steps towards distraction). He grabbed his bottle and stood for a few quick seconds to bask in the glory!

9 comments:

Krystal

Congrats on 4 years!! And way to go w/ walking!! :) Isn't it fun as they get older?! How old is your little guy now?

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee

Your little ones are so cute. Watch out boys can run!! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Congratulations on 4 years.

Liz

Yeah! New little walkers are so funny! And he is soooo cute!

Summer

Way to go little Will! Good luck on walking in the future because it never gets easier.

mamapickle

your kids are so cute! I love this blogging thing :)

adorable pearsons

I love that you caught on camera; like a flip comic book- that is awesome! He is so cute. I never thought of the bottle trick- I'll have to try it on Kam. SHe has taken a few steps the last few weeks as well; although I am not sure how I feel about TWO mobile children! PS- Congrats on 4 years, that was such a sweet post.

out numbered

It is great to hear from you! Your kids are so big. I can't believe your little man is walking. Volleyball would be so fun. If we were there we would totally play! Say hi to the ward for us! We syre miss everyone. -Deanna

Yellow Barn Girl

I miss you. We need to get together and catch up. Your blog looks great...love the colors. How fun to have your baby walking. Four years? Cute post to your husby!

Marsh Family

So fun! He is darling, give my congrats to the little walker! Love, Nat