
After nearly two years, I have been released as the Capitol Hill Ward Young Womens President. I have to say, it is somewhat of a bittersweet experience. I really enjoyed working with the girls. They all were so wonderful, fun and kind... most of the time, they were making my calling seem like hanging out with friends! However, I am delighted to have a more open schedule to enjoy my own children and husband. But, nothing will replace the testimony that I have of the YW program. While serving in this calling, I was also able to work on my Personal Progress for a second time. I earned my medallion as a teenager, and I was able to earn it again through the new program. It was such a testimony builder to be able to take part in an inspired program. I will always be grateful to my Father in Heaven for the opportunity to serve and become friends with such a dynamic group of Young Ladies. Their spirits have touched me in ways that I never imagined and I love each one of them dearly!
9 comments:
I bet that was so fun working with the Young Women, but also a challenge. I am sure they won't waste time putting you in another calling. Have fun enjoying the break.
Wow that is a major calling. I bet the girls loved having a young, cool President. I am sure they will miss you.
I totally relate. I'm the secretary in the YW in our ward. The girls are so fun and inspiring. What are secretly hoping for in the next calling?
I can't imagine having a better YW president than you! I'm not in your ward, but I can only guess the impact you had on those girls. You are wonderful! And I do remember writing stories with you back in the day. Good memories with you, lady! Your family is beautiful. Happy Birthday to Baby William! Love you lots!
wow, since you did such a great job with the young women I think they released you so they could call you to be RS Pres...
You guys are awesome...you can do anything...
Hooray for being relased! You did sucha great job! Enjoy your freedom for now!! Oh, by the way i tagged you!
I love working with Young Women. I am sure the girls will miss you and will never forget you. Your calling will last a life time!
Congrats! Enjoy the free time. After I was released (from counselor not president) I felt like I had so much free time. It was so great!
Most of my adult church life I served in the Young Women program and loved, loved, loved it. Enjoy the little break, cuz I'm sure it will come around again!
Post a Comment