So, my sweet slave-driven husband has completed another project on our first home. We have had so-o much fun doing all the work and seeing how it pays off. My kitchen started out with these sweet retro-faux wood cabinets with brass handles. Yeah...I know most of you are jealous...but then, when I throw in the nice, faded, lime-green marbled vinyl flooring...I can see why you all want to live in my home. So, after we poured over color schemes and of course, the necessity of doing this project in the most thrifty way possible, we have an end result.



We decided to keep the existing cabinets and give them a fresh coat of white paint. We also painted the hardware. Next, we picked a neutral flooring that complimented the rust-colored back-splash. You see...I LOVE the fall color palate, so in keeping with the theme of my front room, we kept the warm color scheme. We also re-arranged some of the furniture and VOILA...a new kitchen. All together, we spent 1 week and about $100 on flooring, paint and accessories. For now, I think that it's a great improvement and will definitely help with the home's re-sale value. All I need now is a dishwasher and I'm set! I'll keep you all updated on when I get one of those!


The Finished product...dining room and entrance to kitchen from living room.
COMING SOON...the Backyard re-vamp update. We have finished the deck, grown a lawn and have a new play-set for the kids...Pictures to follow!! Stay tuned!



We decided to keep the existing cabinets and give them a fresh coat of white paint. We also painted the hardware. Next, we picked a neutral flooring that complimented the rust-colored back-splash. You see...I LOVE the fall color palate, so in keeping with the theme of my front room, we kept the warm color scheme. We also re-arranged some of the furniture and VOILA...a new kitchen. All together, we spent 1 week and about $100 on flooring, paint and accessories. For now, I think that it's a great improvement and will definitely help with the home's re-sale value. All I need now is a dishwasher and I'm set! I'll keep you all updated on when I get one of those!


The Finished product...dining room and entrance to kitchen from living room.
COMING SOON...the Backyard re-vamp update. We have finished the deck, grown a lawn and have a new play-set for the kids...Pictures to follow!! Stay tuned!


9 comments:
Well done! I love the white. It brightens everything and makes it look bigger. You are so industrious!
Love, Aunt Mary
100 bucks! Looks great. You can come help me out with all my projects!
marvelous
GEEZ!!! You are working your man to the bone! Atta girl! I love the colors y'all picked! Looks really good!
Good JOb!! What do you mean you aren't a "relief society" member?! You are busy redoeing your home-no time for canning! Oh, and FYI I would never attempt canning on my own. My dear sweet hubby has to be the one to instigate and start those projects-he gets it from his mom who cans everything! My mom on the other hand doesn't, so it is definitely not me in our house who is the domestic diva! :o) the scrapbooking thing is all mine however-but you can do it too! I just do it online and it is soooo easy!! Go to my other blog to see some of the things I have done and how you can do it too! I actually did contemplate a half marathon, but after training for awhile I realized that I don't LIKE running! HA go figure. Yeah, it's too bad we don't live closer-it would be fun to get together and get the kidsters together as well.
Wow, kitchen looks great! I feel like I just watched an episode of Design on a Dime on HGTV! Hey check Craigslist for a dishwasher, we just found a great deal on a refrigerator. You wouldn't believe how many people around here buy new appliances when they have perfectly good ones that even look nice already. If you look in the Denver area and find one, you could pick it up on a trip to the Temple. We don't have a truck but we could probably work something out to pick it up for you and keep it in our garage until you could make it down to get it.
Tia! I finally joined the blogging world! Don't laugh at my site because it isn't as lovely as yours is; but it's coming along. Anyway--you are making much more progress on your house than I am mine!! It looks ama-za-zing! I am jealous. Mary and Nate Smith (www.smithplicity.blogspot.com)
You guys are go-getters, man! I gotta go get myself a house so I can be as cool as you.
amazing! You must love cooking now :) At lest it must help :)
Post a Comment