Easter was so much fun for us!! We certainly kept VERY busy and had a great time with family and friends. Above is the best picture that I could get of the kids in the their Easter outfits. Apparently William takes after his father and refuses to take a serious, nice, normal photo. Ekena is all smiles (as always) and she was so excited to wear her Easter dress! She looked forward to it for a long time and asked every Sunday if it was time to wear it! I guess that's what I get for buying it a month in advance, but you can't beat sales at Ross!!


On Saturday before Easter Sunday, I took the kids to the 2nd Annual Egg Drop put on a by local church here in Cheyenne. It was SUPER cold out and we got to the drop site extra early. So, instead of taking advantage of the inflatable jump toys, we spent and hour with the kids in the mini-van and tired to occupy them with music, graham crackers and fruit snacks! The helicopter dropped thousands of eggs into an open field...it flew very close to the ground and the kids were so excited to watch it so close!

I am still amazed at myself for taking the kids to this event...it's very popular, which means that it is well attended. Last year, we had a hard time with greedy parents and their kids, and this year, it was no different. I guess I hoped for the best...but was disappointed again. Before the drop, we were politely asked by the church volunteers to take about 10-15 eggs and share the rest so all the kids to have some. (Really...there were SO many people, it was good of them to ask!) The kids were divided up into age group sections and we were let loose! I helped the kids count eggs, and it was hard to get around all the people...we were literally shoulder to shoulder with all the kids and parents. The above photo was BEFORE I made the kids give away their eggs. You see, some greedy parents were LOADING their kids' baskets, and one mom even had the audacity to start stuffing her diaper bag! One family didn't get there fast enough to get eggs, so there were some tears from kids who didn't get anything. So, I made my kids share. They weren't too happy about it, but I threatened them saying if they didn't share a little, they would share it ALL and we would go home empty handed. I don't think we will hunt next year, but we will go for the helicopter, because that part is totally worth it!

After the egg hunt we went to Grandma Phyllis' house to dye eggs with all the cousins. Grandma bought all the dye, eggs and even pizza for a late lunch! We are so happy that she did all of that for us!



Sunday we spent the day after church at the Reisdorfer's home. The kids hunted for eggs inside while it rained buckets outside. Ekena hunted too quickly for me to get photos, but William actually let me follow him around! The first photo is William with all his loot, second is of all the kids under 3 years that hunted (all the older kids did a separate hunt in the basement) and the last photo is of my kids with Grandpa Graeme, sharing their candy and watching a movie!

12 comments:
Oh that sounds like fun!! The helicopter part anyway-the greedy parents and the mad dash for eggs w/ hundreds of others doesn't sound so fun. :) Your kids are seriously so cute! I think I probably say this every time, but it's really too bad we don't live closer together! I bet the kids would have fun, and I would love to spend some time with you! Happy Easter!
that looks like such a fun holiday with the family and kids. Crazy how some people are just so greedy,your a good mom for making your kids share.
That sounds way fun! I am surprised the eggs survive the fall with out them opening up and candy spilling. I hear you about greedy parents- sure wish you were at our egg hunt...we could've used your kindness ;)! I love their Easter outfits. They are darling. I sure miss you!
Looks like a lot of fun! I love all the big family get togethers. All the kids have grown so much! And I just love little Williams smiles, and Ekena is just beautiful with those curls!
How fun to have all that family so close. Miss you guys!
We've been around a helicopter a time or two and airplanes and I never get sick of watching them up close! Maybe Lane does...and somehow, with his work, I've never gotten a ride in one. Thanks so much for the card and brownies!! I need to get on your site and order more of those, we all loved them! That really was so very nice and thoughtful for you to send!
We look forward to joining all the fun next year! Ekena looks like an angel in her Easter outfit, and Will looks so sweet. See you soon...
Sounds like you all had a fun Easter! We so have to come one year for the helicopter drop! That would rock Denims socks im telling you :) ...and Konrads too probably...lol
Happy Easter :)
That sounds like so much fun to have a helicopter drop all those eggs! Too bad for the rotten people who didn't share though. You're kids look adorable!
You guys are great parents! And your kids will be grateful someday!
The helicopter sounds RAD! I'm sure all the kids were wild with excitment! Sounds eggstra cool! :)
Ekena's curls are sooo adorable she looks like a doll in her pretty dress!
You just have to love easter especially with all the new easter clothers.
Post a Comment