This week I have been teaching the kids some important things.
William has been learning his name. I told him, "William, your name is William Franklin Little the fourth." With a dirty look on his face and his hands balled up in fists, he says, "No Mom! I'm not Little! I'm BIG!"
....That's gonna be a cruel, sick joke for a looong time. Ask my husband.
Ekena LOVES to attend her daddy's sporting events. Since it's softball season, we went to Will's softball game. She doesn't know the difference between softball and baseball, so she said to her dad, "Daddy! I can't wait to see you play baseball!" Will replied, " Softball, Ekena. I'm not cool enough for baseball." Ekena thinks for a minute and says, "I am! You can play with me, I guess."
A Decade with Kempton
8 years ago
15 comments:
so cute! we love the captain literals in all kids. I especially liked Will's reply to baseball- so Will...it totally made me laugh. I am thinking the parents may have lead the way for the kids to be comedians :). We miss you guys.
I love the things Kids say. I can't wait till Briggs starts talking. Your kids are little comedians. Made me laugh!
Funny kids!
Haha! They are so cute. Love it.
I taught A her full name and she pronounces our last name with a W. Silly.
Saw Julia today. We need to plan a playgroup next week still. :)
That is too cute. I love it when kids say things that make so much sense! For the record, I never teased Will about being little, even when we were 12 and I was taller than him.
how funny! they must be so much fun1 i can't wait to have little ones & hear what they say!
Love it! I love kid conversations. Ekena sounds just like Denim at the moment!
kids are sooo funny....
I remember a story about my brother Patrick when he was little. My dad was going to play tennis with a guy whose last name is "Kilpatrick"--my parents were talking about it and Patrick overheard and got REALLY upset and said, "Please don't kill me, Dad."
Poor guy.
you know, I really really really want some grand kids already! Can I borrow your kids?
kids are definitely the smartest...and super funny when they start playing w/ words...
hehe. So adorable! I love little kids and the hilariousness that comes out of thier mouths.
Hey did Will tell you I called today. I wanted to see if you wanted to go to the park with the kids. He said you were shopping with your mom, I can't remember who I told, we rescheduled Maddox' bday party for this Sat. at noon at our house. Hope to see you guys there.
Thats hillarious... and you're smart to blog these things so you remember them.
I have a friend with the last name of "Gross" and for R.S. we made name boards with vinyl lettering of our last names with a "Families are Forever" overlay... she wouldn't make one. lol Gross Familes are NOT Forever!
Kids say the greatest things. It looks like you are doing well. Your kids are so grown up. Tell everyone hi. I miss WY. -Deanna
cute, cute family!
Post a Comment