My sweetheart and I have celebrated another anniversary! January 3, 2004, we were married for Time and All Eternity in the Denver, Colorado temple. It was a cold, blizzardy day, and several of our friends and some family couldn't make it to the temple because of the weather. Surprisingly, we had a huge turn-out that evening for our reception...apparently no one had anything else to do, due to the crappy weather!
Quick Story: Immediately following our sealing, Will and I changed and took a few "more" pictures and then headed home from Denver to Cheyenne. It's about an hour and a half drive. My family was following behind us. We were trying to decide whether or not we wanted to stop in Ft. Collins for some lunch, as we had to leave for the temple that morning at about 7:30am and it was now after 12 noon. On I-25, the roads were terribly hazardous, slusky and really yucky. All of a sudden, a car in front of us swerved and threw mounds of slush onto our windshield. When Will finally got the windshield cleared off, all we could see was the other car sitting horizontally across two lanes, and we were headed straight for them. They tried to correct, and we tried to correct...but to no avail. They hit us on the passenger side, completely taking out the rear back area where the gas tank was. Not a good thing...in the middle of this, I also hit my head terribly hard on my window and tweaked my neck in a bad way.
Luckily, my family was following behind and stopped in time to help us out. We found out that the people who hit us were in this country illegally and didn't have any insurance. That was awesome. My dad drove our car home and Will and I drove home with my mom and little brother. When we got back to Cheyenne, we checked into our hotel and then got ready for the reception. Because I was hurting, I had to stick a stool under my dress as sat through our receiving line. My neck and head ached so bad and I woke up the next morning with some bad after effects from the accident.
We are thrilled that our first day of marriage was riddled with so much drama, because we haven't had any since! We have been told that if you have a crappy wedding day, you will have a great marriage...we are living proof!
I sure adore my husband and here are the top ten reasons why:
10. He is a wonderful father that loves to play with the children. He gets on the floor and wrestles with them and never hesitates to help them feel loved.
9. He is kind and sweet to everyone. He smiles genuinely all the time and is always so polite.
8. I have never met a person that doesn't like him. He is so lovable and almost always the life of the party.
7. He is very athletic is almost always wins at whatever he is doing. It gets aggravating, but I adore him for it.
6. He is an amazing artist.
5. He is a wonderful teacher and is so dynamic in front of a crowd. I love listening to him speak.
4. He and I enjoy a lot of the same things and we have a great time spending time together.
3. He makes me laugh, sometimes with out trying.
2. I admire his drive and work ethic. He always has a dream and works hard to accomplish it.
1. He is a wonderful friend...someone that I will never tire of. I always want to be with him. Even when we are old and gray, I know that his company will never bore me. He's the best.
I LOVE YOU, WILL!!




8 comments:
That's crazy! 6 years! It just seems like yesterday that we were roommates. You seem like such an amazing team. Congrats!
Congratulations you two!!!! Yeah for building a happily ever after!
First of all: LOVE the background. I need to go over to Leelou and find me a fun one, too.
SEcond: Yay! Congratulations on 6 happy years of marriage!! You two are such fun and wonderful people. Some of my favorites.
Congrats. Glad to hear you won't get tired of Will, otherwise eternity would be a long time!
Happy Anniversary!!!
Hey, it's funny you asked when you should come visit us and see our new house cuz literally yesterday, Bryce and I were talking about wanting to invite you guys to come out and see us. We were thinking next weekend sometime. Let me know what a good day is for you and how you are FEELING! I'll call you soon.
I love the new look of your blog!
Wow that is crazy! Congratulations on 6 years!!
p.s. i got Ekena's picture in the mail, so cute! & i love your handwriting! ha ha
I had never heard that story before!! What a day! :-)
I have been offline for a while and look at all the excitement I find now- HOORAY and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so sorry for the fatigue and the vomiting. My secret weapon: Zofran. Ask a dr about it. 6 Years?! We are all getting old and moldy. Sleep well and eat lot of chocolate ice cream.
Post a Comment