CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bloggle Babble (Sans Photos)

I've needed to post for awhile, so here I am...posting.  I finally got batteries and a charger for my camera, but I have SOO many old photos that I have to go through and post, so I thought I would hold off on it and update you all on what's going on RIGHT NOW.  Again.  Like I did last post.  Thanks for reading folks...I know this can get monotonous....

-I  LOVE Hulu and Netflix.  Really.  Why did we pay for cable for so long?!  Oh, because Hulu and Netflix didn't exist and/or we didn't have an XBox 360 to stream it, that's why.  I love keeping up with my shows, even if it is a day later than it airs, and I especially love being able to pick what I want to watch and not have to "channel surf" and "settle" for something crappy just to pass the time.  Not only do I get more choices, but I waste less time in front of the TV trying to convince myself that something is interesting.  Instead, I just shut the TV off and read a book.  Much better for me.

-My buddies, Nolan and Lyndsay, and Will and I have started a 90 Day Challenge.  We have started P90X (the workout of all workouts...it'll seriously kick your bum...while making it smaller).  It's been interesting so far...and HARD.  I've also been using my new Elliptical Trainer (thanks to my sis) every morning.  So, 2 workouts in a day should make me skinny by July...that's the plan, anyway.  In addition to exercising, we are all also reading the Book of Mormon in 90 days.  That's 2-3 chapters a day, 16 chapters a week...the WHOLE thing in 3 months.  I say bring it.

-My children are hilarious.  Here is an example:  Ekena: Mom?  Is Jesus married? Me: What do you think? Ekena: I think he is. And I bet his wife's name is Mrs. Jesus.

-Does any one else ever feel like they do the same thing EVERY DAY?  I get up, work out, eat, get the kids ready, take them to school, come home, do laundry, start dinner, pick up the kids, come home, finish dinner, eat, clean, wash dishes, put kids in bath, pray, put kids to bed, check facebook, take bath, go to sleep.  EVERY DAY.

-I turned in my application for becoming a RESPITE care provider over a month ago.  It took me 3 months to even complete the application because of all the ridiculous things they had me do.  I won't even be watching any kids in my home, and yet they made me have a fire inspector come and check/inspect my house.  I'll never transport kids, and they made me get my car inspected.  I had to make escape plans, draw diagrams, purchase expensive, unnecessary items, etc...blech.  So, I got a phone call on Monday saying that the lady in charge had "some questions" and my "application was not complete."  Seriously??  So I called her back on Monday, and Tuesday...and today.  No answer.  I left messages and...nothing.  Boo for government jobs.

-Will and I are playing on a co-ed volleyball team.  We are having a lot of fun...we would be having more fun if we won more.  Our team is struggling a little...we haven't played with the same 6 people yet.  Every game, it's a new group.  People are sick, out-of-town, working, etc.  Hopefully we can get into a groove.  I'm a pretty sore loser.  We have a tournament coming up next weekend.  We need to do well for the sake of my pride.

That's all for now...I will upload my photos and show the exciting adventures of my family.  I know you can't wait.  It'll be fun.  And worth it.

5 comments:

Unknown

I agree, hulu and netflix are the best! Great for you guys to be strengthening your bodies and your testimony of the BOM. You are awesome!

Kristin

I love that you are doing the P90X challenge!!! You are crazy! Just being honest....I COULDN'T HANDLE IT! Hahahaha. I lasted 5 days. Don't tell anyone! And Mrs. Jesus is hilarious! Cute kiddos!

Randi Losalu

Thanks for finally posting. I think it was my little nudge that made you finally update:) hehe If you would like a change of every day life, we should all get together....and soon!

Amber Hanni

i totally agree about netflix. i just use my parents instant play so we don't have to pay for it :) someday we'll have enough money and time to have movies shipped to our house :)

Staying Sane

A healthy dose of competition is good for the soul! For your sake (and Will's sake) I hope you win! I'm a sore loser too. LOL Good luck with your 90 day challenge! It's great to have a goal and you will feel awesome once the 90 days are over and you can say, I kicked some serious butt! Go get em girl! .....and Mrs. Jesus....that was awesome!